This is a very easy to make quick 15-minute salad. You can either use a can of black beans or do what I did and use a 1/3 cup of dry bean cooked in 4 cups of water which should turn into 1 cup of cooked black beans when drained.
Then just chop up your veggies and mango while the quinoa cooks on the stove and mix it all together. Makes two good serving sizes that work perfectly for lunch or nice dinner which you can add veggie burger or falafels with.
If you try out this recipe be sure to let me know!
- 1 can Black beans (or 1 cup of Cooked Black Beans)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, fresh
- 1 Mango
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cook quinoa and set aside.
- Then use either pre-cooked black beans or open a new can of black beans (aprox. 16oz).
- Chop mango and bell pepper and add to bowl with quinoa and black beans.
- Mix in wet and dry ingredients (lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, oil, salt and pepper) and then mix in the chopped cilantro.
- A really satisfying lunch, for extra fun you can add in grated coconut, craisins or almond slices!