This is an easy to make totally gluten free vegan muffin recipe and you can find out how to make your own inexpensive Oat flour and Millet flour too!
To start with you don’t have to run out and buy expensive Oat or Millet four, you can grind your own in a coffee grinder (that’s what did!) or in a good food processor! Simply measure the amount required and grind. Some grinders will do a better job than others so if you find your flour (especially the Millet) is a bit rough then you can add 1/2 Cup of store bought Gluten Free Baking flour at the end if it is still a bit too wet to put into the trays.
With this recipe you can also swap the berries for whatever is in season or that you have available at home. In my case I had some Blueberries that my Mother’s friend had sent over to me from this past weekend and some super sweet Organic Strawberries that were left from our dessert the night before. Turned out great, not too sweet and very light!
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Oat flour
- 1/2 Cup Millet flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Ground
- 1 1/4 Cup Berries
- 1/2 Cup Gluten Free Flour
- First combine all the wet ingredients into one bowl.
- Then combine all the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 375f.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, being careful to fold the liquid in.
- Add the 1/2 Cup of Gluten Free flout if your batter is too wet to hold a form when dropped from a spoon.
- Use a spoon to fill a 12 muffin tray and bake for 22 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before removing from tray.