Now for those who love a great casserole AND who love a nice pasta dish, this covers both bases. I came up with this recipe on a rainy weeknight evening when I had only a few ingredients on hand plus some soaked cashews from the night before.
This is a no cheese, rich and yummy meal that will please children and picky adults alike!
Here are the ingredients:
– 1 jar of tomato sauce or use 350 ml homemade
– 1 package of lasagna noodles (wholewheat/organic your choice)
– 4 cups of frozen of fresh veggies (your choice, I used what I had which was mixed veggies as well as some fresh zuchinni)
– 2 1/2 cups of creamy Cashew Vegan Ricotta Nut Cheese
– 1 cup of Daiya vegan cheese
This is a very simple meal that can be prepped the night before or in the morning.
Pour aprox. 1/4 of the tomato sauce on the bottom of a casserole baking dish and then lay one layer of lasagna noodles overtop.
Pour about 1/3 of the cashew vegan cream sauce on top of the noodles and spread out thinly with a spoon. Then spread your veggies over top and pour 1/2 of the tomato sauce.
Add the remaining Cashew Vegan Ricotta Nut Cheese on this layer and then put the final layer (second of two) of noodles down and then spread the remaining 1/4 of the tomato sauce and 1 cup of Daiya vegan cheese over this.
Put in the oven for 30 minutes and voila!