There is nothing so satisfying that eating delicious treat that is good for you too! With no sugar but the sweetness of dates, creamy avocado goodness and chocolate richness from raw cacao, this is one treat you can indulge in without guilt.
One trick to note with this Raw Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe is that unless you have a very high power food processor, you will want to soak the dates first before using. I found my little processor had a bit of job trying to blend.
I really do suggest adding the coconut shreds as garnish but also for texture as it adds a nice chew to your bite. I like to have multiple flavors and textures in my food stuff!
One other note, serve either immediately,after 30 minutes chilled or later on that day if transferred to an airtight container that you can bring for snacks. This recipe does not keep as well for the next day.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Cup of Dates (soaked in 1 Cup of Water)
- 1 Tablespoon of Shredded Coconut
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 2 and 1/2 Tablespoons of Cacao Powder
- Soak the dates overnight in the water or not at all if you have a powerful processor.
- Then in your processor add 1/4 Cup of Water, the peeled Avocado, Dates, Salt and Cacao Powder.
- Blend on high until smooth and then serve in bowls or cups with the Coconut as garnish!